Friday, November 25, 2011

How to enjoy Thanksgiving!

OK, first revelation is that I'm not perfect. Second revelation is, guess what! I have diabetes! Third revelation is that every once in a while, it's really WORTH it! I went out with friends, and had a filet mignon (my favorite; I don't really like turkey or ham), a salad, about half a baked potato, and CHOCOLATE DECADENCE for dessert. That means a small piece of warm chocolate cake and a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate sauce and whipped cream. It's a LOT more than I usually eat, and my stomach was full for about 8 hours afterward. I took a dual wave bolus, but for me, the insulin only lasts about 3 hours, and when the square part just dribbles out little bits, it's really not enough to knock down those highs. I really do need to figure out a way to deal with pigouts. Not that I do them very often, but once in a while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment